Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Teal Squares: Quilting Design

December, 2013 (published later because the design is a surprise)

I have finally settled on a quilting design for the Teal Squares quilt! I'm doing a stipple design in the black background areas with black thread. 

For the squares, I found Aurifil in a variegated teal at one of my local quilt shops. I was so excited. I wasn't sure how to quilt the squares, but I settled on a diamond design that I learned in a Craftsy class- Dot to Dot quilting with Angela Walters. I'm really thrilled with how it looks. I did the two shams first because I wanted to try it out before wrangling the whole huge quilt in my sewing machine. I love it. Here are some pictures of the pillow shams. 




Now that they are done, I'm excited to get started on the quilt itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment