January, 2014 (published later because the deign is a surprise)
I can't believe it, but I finished quilting the Teal Squares quilt!!! And it wasn't as tough to wrangle as I expected. I also decided that I really love my machine! Here is a picture of me quilting....excuse the blurry shot, my photographer is a first grader who is learning to sew and likes to watch me!
I am so happy with how the quilting design turned out. Here is a picture to show the quilting details better...
I stippled the black background with black thread, and I used a variegated teal thread in the diamond patterns on the squares.
January, 2014 (published later because the design is a surprise!)
Last Friday we had a snow day (after only one day back at school), and I finished up the quilting on the Teal Squares quilt! After looking at both of the backing fabrics as options, I decided to bind the quilt with the solid teal. This quilt is huge and took 10 strips to make the binding! By the end of the weekend, I had the binding sewn to the front, and I've spent evenings this week hand-sewing the binding to the back. I am so happy it's done!!
I'm really happy with the way the sold teal color looks. I think it gives a nice finishing touch. Now I just need to add the backs to the pillow shams, and the whole set will be ready for its new owners!