January, 2014 (published later because the design is a surprise!)
Last Friday we had a snow day (after only one day back at school), and I finished up the quilting on the Teal Squares quilt! After looking at both of the backing fabrics as options, I decided to bind the quilt with the solid teal. This quilt is huge and took 10 strips to make the binding! By the end of the weekend, I had the binding sewn to the front, and I've spent evenings this week hand-sewing the binding to the back. I am so happy it's done!!
I'm really happy with the way the sold teal color looks. I think it gives a nice finishing touch. Now I just need to add the backs to the pillow shams, and the whole set will be ready for its new owners!