Saturday, December 21, 2013

Last-minute Holiday Sewing

We drew names for our sibling Pollyanna later than usual this year, and now I have a last minute deadline. My sister-in-law has been saying for months that she hopes I get her for the Pollyanna because she wants a holiday table runner. (I made her an everyday table runner last year.) I didn't draw her name, but I switched with the person who did as a surprise for her. 

So...that meant I got to make a trip to Olde City Quilts this week for some Christmas fabric. I could get lost in there; it's huge and just so well-kept and beautiful inside. Plus, they have a whole WALL of Aurifil. So pretty. I found some variegated teal for another project, which I didn't even know they made. 

I ended up choosing In From the Cold along with some coordinating prints and a white on white for the background. 

Moda Bake Shop had a pretty easy table runner pattern on their site the other day, so I went with it. Here is the layout of the top (minus borders). 
Hopefully I will get the top finished up tomorrow, and be able to quilt and bind it before Christmas. Fingers crossed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment