Tuesday, December 3, 2013

A Quilt-Worthy Event

A very good friend of mine wondered for years, while listening to stories of the quilts I made for other people's special occasions, when she would have her own quilt-worthy event. I decided that the conjunction of her 25th birthday and getting her own apartment was it, and I made her a throw quilt to match her bedding. 



I had been wanting to experiment with different layouts for half square triangle blocks, and when I came across this off-centered design, I really liked its asymmetry. I chose five different batiks and used a solid black background. I love how the black makes the varied shades of the batiks pop. I quilted it with straight lines to echo the quilt's design. 


Of course I forgot to take a picture of the finished product after I quilted and bound it...but here is a picture with the masking tape I used as a guide for my quilting lines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment