The appliqué letters were so thin (even though I printed them bold) that I decided to sew a single line down the centr of each, rather than trying to zig-zag aground the entire edge. I like the way they turned out & can't wait to see them filled up on Sunday!
Sunday, March 29, 2015
I saw a tutorial for fabric Easter baskets online last night and I thought that would be a fun and easy project to make for my daughters and nephews. I modified the pattern a bit...I made it several inches bigger and change the shape of the top of the basket and the way the handle was attached. I also added a monogram for my girls and initials for my nephews. It makes it a bit more personal! I was able to make these completely from fabric remnants I had laying around from various other projects. Overall, I like the changes I made to the pattern- I think the extra size will make it much more practical as Easter basket.
Tuesday, March 17, 2015
My friend Maureen just had a sweet, squeezable little baby boy, and my goal is to finish his baby quilt before he is one month old!
Here is the fabric--she wanted blues and dark reds:
Monday, March 9, 2015
Some progress has been made on the Communion Quilt! I added a brown border, made the backing, basted it, and started quilting.
A longstanding tradition at our church is for the second graders to make quilt squares to commemorate their First Holy Communion. The finished quilts hang in our church hallway near the CCD classrooms. This year, I volunteered to make the quilt, and I'm so happy I get to help continue a tradition from my own childhood.
Here is Leah's quilt square:
Here is the progress on the whole quilt so far: