Friday, December 20, 2013

Holiday Housewarming

My youngest brother got married and bought a house this year, so I made them holiday placemats and stockings as their housewarming gift. The placemats are reversible, since my new sister-in-law is Jewish and my brother is Catholic. I got the two sides to line up, though, so the quilting (x's through each square, and a rectangle around the name box) looks right on both sides.
You can see the backs and fronts in this photo, but once again I forgot to take a picture of the final product...  I bound them with white and it looked really nice. 

I had a little help picking out the stocking fabric...
...and settled on these coordinating prints, with Kona emerald for the cuffs and lining. 

My cousin Diane helped me out with the embroidery, and here they are!

Hopefully I will get a picture of them hanging up for Christmas. I'm just glad they're done in time for Santa to fill them up!

No comments:

Post a Comment