Thursday, July 17, 2014

WE ARE!!!

My cousin just graduated from high school and has decided to go to Penn State, my alma mater! I am so excited for her to experience the next four years, and I am even more excited to visit her! 

For her graduation gift, I decided to make her something Penn State, for her dorm. I found a fabulous (and free!) paper piecing pattern of the Nittany Lion logo on this site: http://www.fandominstitches.com/2011/05/sports.html. It looks great and was easy to follow. I had never done paper piecing before, and I figured I would just jump right in, feet first, with a difficult pattern. 

First of all, paper piecing makes a huge mess!!

But I figured it out, and paper piecing really isn't as scary or difficult as people make it seem. 



I love it!!! I added some borders and an envelope backing to make it fit a 16" pillow. I quilted it with a small stipple in matching thread. 

Photo credit Ali Brant Photography

Photo credit Ali Brant Photography

Photo credit Ali Brant Photography

This little munchkin couldn't resist some cuddle time with her Godmother's present! Such a little ham. 
Photo credit Ali Brant Photography

I finally had the chance to give Margaret her gift this past weekend, and she loved it! I'm sure it will find a place in her dorm room this fall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment