Monday, June 30, 2014

Coming Soon- A New Nephew

My nephew John, who is almost 6, is getting a baby brother soon, and I am getting ready for the new arrival by making his baby quilt. My new nephew will be named Joseph, after my grandfather, and I found the cutest animal fabrics for his quilt. Here is the bundle of fabric before I got started... 


(Aren't those little whales so cute? My friend found the perfect whale invitation to match for his mommy's surprise sprinkle!)

Here is the border on the design wall.


I appliquéd his name on the front using more of that dark blue whale backing fabric, and I cut out one of the boats as an accent. 


I used heat 'n bond fusible web and a zig-zag stitch around the letters and the boat for the appliqué. 

I've decided to quilt it with horizontal wavy lines, to represent waves in the water. 

Here's the whole quilt top:

Now I just need to get it quilted and bound before the sprinkle!

No comments:

Post a Comment