Sunday, May 17, 2015

Communion Quilt Finish!

I am so proud to have made the quilt for Leah's First Holy Communion class at our parish. I am so happy that I had the opportunity to use my talents in service to the church I have attended since I was four years old. I am thrilled with how it came out. 
Before it gets hung on the wall in the hallway where the CCD classrooms are, it is spending some time hanging on a stand in the main lobby. I was standing there today after Mass, and I realized that of all the quilts I've made, this one has probably been seen by more people than any other. That was kind of an odd feeling!
Anyway, here are some photos of the finished quilt. 
I quilted swirls in the brown, and loop-de-loops in the yellow sashing around each child's square. 

The label on the back.

A picture of us on her big day!


No comments:

Post a Comment