Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Gift

I drew my sister-in-law's name in our polyanna this year, and she was so excited. She's been wanting a quilted table runner for her dining room table. She didn't want it to be Christmasy, and she loves rich colors like purple, red, and gold. So I selected some pieces from a Come Together layer cake, and my local quilt shop had a bit of the purple yardage left. I used that for the border, backing, and binding. The blocks ended up being about 12.5" and I used the two-color star tutorial from Fresh Lemons Quilts (http://www.freshlemonsquilts.com/?p=1709).

I would have liked to quilt it more (maybe some small stippling in the cream background only), but I ran out of time before Christmas! Oh well, she loved it anyway. I'm really happy with how it turned out, too!







No comments:

Post a Comment