Sunday, July 3, 2011

Synchronized Squares

Well, I didn't win the drawing for the quilt along, but I had a great time and finished my quilt top!
Completed Quilt Top!!!!!
I love it!! It went together quickly, and Rachel's directions were super clear and easy to follow. The fabric is Summer House by Lily Ashury for Moda, and the yardage should be available this month. When it is, I want to order the fabric for the backing, and possibly a border. (The border wasn't in the instructions, but someone else on the flickr group added a border, and I love how it looks, so I may try it. The only problem would be picking which fabric...)

Here's a pic of my little goose helping me with the block layout...
Camera Roll-137

I think the best part of the QAL was a happy accident...a few weeks ago my aunt ordered some fabric with the intention of quilting along with me and making a quilt for my cousin Margaret, who is 14. Well, the fabric came in, and she left it at my house while Margaret was staying for a few days....and...I taught Margaret how to quilt!! (Well, I taught her how to piece her top...we haven't gotten to the actual quilting yet!!) Here's her completed top (she used Trick or Treat by Deb Strain for Moda).

So...now back to work on the Blue Squares for the hubby : )

No comments:

Post a Comment