Friday, November 27, 2015

Need. To. Sew.

It's been quite a while!! Since I started my new job August 1st, I have sewn exactly once, and that was to sew some patches on a Brownie vest before our first meeting in October. But today is a new beginning. Two of my close friends are both expecting little girls in February, and they have both chosen a pink and gray color scheme. 

Today, my little helper Goose and I visited one of our local quilt shops to pull some fabric, since there is not a pink-and-gray line out currently. It was a lot of fun. I'm not going to make two identical quilts, but each one will have some combination of the fabrics we picked out. I'm sure I have some fabrics that I can add in as well. I think one of the quilts will have all paler pinks and very little of the brighter or stronger pinks, and the other one will include more of the brights. 



I'm so excited to get back into the swing of things with these. I also want to finish up my mom's star quilt; I only have one paper pieced star left to make! This spring, I will be making the First Communion quilt for our church again. My nephew, who is also my Godson, will be receiving his First Communion this year. With these projects coming up, I'm looking forward to a new start!

No comments:

Post a Comment