Sunday, November 3, 2013

Teal Squares: A Wedding Gift

August, 2013 (published later because the design is a surprise)

A close friend got married this summer, one who really understands what goes in to making handmade items like quilts. I decided to make a queen size quilt with two matching shams for her and her new husband. I love giving a  quilt as a gift when the recipient is someone who really appreciates what it is. 

The bride's favorite color is teal, so I used that as my starting point. I ordered a fat quarter bundle in a range of blues, and paired it with a black background and some teal dots for the backing. 

Here are some in-progress shots:



And the final layout...

The pattern is Impromptu by Rachel Griffith (http://shop.psiquilt.com/product/impromptu-quilt-pattern-108-pdf-version) and I love the geometric design and the colors I chose on the black background. 

Today I am piecing the quilt back, and then I will be ready to baste, quilt, and bind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment